Caze Nove’s Top Five
Firas and Jay Karim are Caze Nove. They were nurtured on a breakfast of soul & funk, cooked-up disco and jackin beats, all put to boil to create one big ass groove. Having broken through with their remix of Metronomy’s Everything Goes My Way, seeing numerous plays from Radio 1 as well as on Tim Sweeney’s legendary Beats In Space, the pair are now working on their debut LP with Mark Ralph. They sent us their Top 5 tracks that have been soundtracking their Roxy nights recently…
Top 5 Roxy Jams.
Love Committe – Just As Long As I Got You (Disco Re Edit By Dimitri From Paris)
– A track we have loved for years. Guaranteed to get the party jumping and judging the reaction of Artwork when we dropped it as Snowbombing, it’s one of his favourite records too.
Theophilus London – Overseas (Soul Clap EFUNK Mix)
– This seemed to slip under the radar but it’s one of those tracks that gets people going and everyone wants to know what it is.
Mark E – RnB Drunkie
– An absolute classic; and any track with a Janet Jackson sample is okay in our book.
Caze Nove – Stronger (sneak peak here http://youtu.be/a9v8H1ulaKk)
– We’ve been writing with Mark Ralph for quite some time now and it’s been an amazing process; the more time passes the more we feel like we connect with him. This track is so far our favourite. We even managed to get Mark playing some Sitar on there. Don’t expect the whole album to sound like this, we’ve so far done tracks that range from 98 bpm right through to 130 bpm. It’s a journey not a bunch of house records all assembled together.
Waze & Odyssey – Love That (Burns)
– We heard a rumbling from these guys and this number is our favourite of their tracks so far. The Bicep boys featured it on their blog recently and I hear it’s coming out on a vinyl only label.